Innity Sdn Bhd does not offer refunds for advertising campaigns that have been started. In case of a violation of these Terms & Rules, the advertiser's budget will be deemed non-refundable.
Advertiser can request a refund by canceling Advenue Direct account while there is credit in the account. Innity Sdn Bhd will automatically initiate a refund to Advertiser’s bank account or credit card associated with Advenue Direct’s account.
Processing time: 2 weeks for Innity Sdn Bhd to process, and additional time for Advertiser’s credit card company to process.
If Advertiser paid by money transfer, Innity Sdn Bhd will ask for Advertiser’s bank account details to process the refund. Instructions for how to send us your account information can be found below.
Reasons a refund might not be available
Innity Sdn Bhd does not offer refunds in these cases:
- Advertiser has money left over in the account from a promotional code.
- Advertiser’s account is still active.
- Advertiser has an outstanding balance that still needs to pay.
Timelines and delayed refunds
Refunds typically take up to 2 weeks for Innity Sdn Bhd to process, but can take up to 10 weeks if Advertiser paid by bank account outside Israel, the U.K., or the U.S. In Israel, the U.K., and the U.S., it can still take an additional 10 business days for Advertiser’s bank or credit card company to credit the refund to the account, depending on their own processes.
If Advertiser has waited longer than 12 weeks, please contact Innity Sdn Bhd at email@example.com with Advertiser’s account details.
Traffic is provided as is. Innity Sdn Bhd will try utmost to provide the high quality of traffic. The Advertiser is responsible for optimizing the campaign.
Terms & Rules:
The following advertising campaigns are under no circumstance eligible for participation:
- Campaigns that link to, or creatives containing, content that infringes the rights of others (including but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property rights) or that promotes copyright piracy;
- Campaigns that link to, or creatives containing, pornography, adult content, sexual or erotic material;
- Campaigns that link to pages promoting any type of illegal substance or activity;
- Campaigns that link to pages promoting illegal, false or deceptive investment advice and money-making opportunities;
- Campaigns that link to, or creatives containing, malware, spyware and/or malicious content. This includes creatives that redirect visitors to other web pages;
- Campaigns that link to, or creatives containing, any type of content reasonable public consensus deems to be improper or inappropriate;
- Campaigns that link to pop up loops that can’t be closed by the user;
- Campaigns that link to more than one entry / exit pop up;
- Campaigns that link to any mechanism that prevents the user from closing the browser window;
- Campaigns that link to imitation of system error messages;
- Campaigns that link to downloads / installations starting without user interaction;
- Campaigns that link to alert sounds that distress users.